Virgil J. Flanigan
Web site: Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Office phone:
Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering (Rolla)
(573) 341-6606 Fax:
Alternate energy studies including biomass gasification systems, dual fuel combustion studies, waste utilization and coal characteristics, mechanical and hydraulic control systems.
ACADEMY OF MECHANICAL AND AEROSPACE ENGINEERS:
Senior Seminar/Research Promotion Committee - Virgil Flanigan, Vice Chairman
The Senior Seminar/Research and Promotion Committee assists the Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) Department with obtaining presenters for selected topics and provides support and promotion to industry concerning the MAE Department's research capabilities. Additionally, this committee will manage aspects of applicable continuing education credits for professional engineering members for professional development hours (pdh).
- Nam, P., Kapila, S., Liu, Q., Tumiatti, W., Porciani, A., and Flanigan, V., "Solvent Extraction and Tandem Dechlorination for Decontamination of Soil," Chemosphere, Vol. 43, pp. 485-491, 2001.
- Zhu, J., Castle, J., Berring, N., Chandrashekhara, K., Flanigan, V. and Kapila, S., "Mechanical Characterization of Soy-based Pultruded Composites," Proceedings of the CFA Composites Conference, Paper No. M-203, pp. 1-8, Tampa, FL, October 3-6, 2001.
- Gehrke, M., Kapila, S., Nam, P., and Flanigan, V., "A High Efficiency All Glass Sampling and Concentration Device for Adsorptive Semivolatile Organics," Chemosphere, Vol. 43, pp. 479-483, 2001.
- Liske, Y., Kapila, S., Flanigan, V., Nam, P., and Lorbert, S., "Evaluation of Combustion Processes for Production of Feedstock Chemicals from Ammonium Sulfate and Ammonium Bisulfate," J. Hazardous Subs Research, (ISSN 1090-7025), Vol. 2, pp. 8-11, 2001.
- M. Gehrke, S. Kapila and V. Flanigan, "Extraction and tandem dechlorination for decontamination of soil," Application of Electron Attachment Reactions to Enhance Selectivity of Electron Capture Detector Nitro Aromatic Explosives, A, 877 (2000) 133-139.
- P. Nam, S. Kapila, Q. Liu, W. Tumiatti, A. Porciani, and V. Flanigan, "Solvent chemosphere," (2000).
- M. Gehrke, S. Kapila, P. Nam and V. Flanigan, "A high efficiency all glass sampling and concentration device for absorptive semivolatile organics," Chemosphere, (2000).