Kattesh V. Katti
Web site: Kattesh Katti Office address:
Department of Physics and Astronomy
426 Physics Building, University of Missouri Office phone:
(573) 882-5656 Fax:
Nanoscience and Nanotechnology in Nanomedicine; Metals/Organomatallics In the Development of Cancer Diagnostic and Therapeutic Agents; Biomedical Optical Imaging; New Approaches to Cancer Therapy; New Biomaterials for use in Surgical and Non-surgical Wound Healing applications; Fundamental Aspects of Structure of Water and Water-Alcohol Binary Mixtures
Dr. Katti's discovery on Nanoparticles production was quoted on the front page of NANO BIOTECH NEWS (Vol. 2; No 48; December 8 2004 http://www.nhionline.net/products/nanobiotechnews/nbn12804wek.pdf "240 times faster than previous methods; University of Missouri-Columbia researchers make gold, silver nanoparticles in 5-10 minutes"
Dr. Katti's Nanoscience work was cited in Innovations Report of Germany (http://www.innovations-report.com/html/reports/life_sciences/report-36440.html) as "Nanoparticles to Aid Medical Diagnosis, Therapy"
Dr. Katti's work was cited in NANO TECHNOLOGY NOW: "MU Researchers Produce Nanoparticles to Aid Medical Diagnosis, Therapy in Fraction of Previous Time" (http://www.nanotech-now.com/news.cgi?story_id=06721)
Dr. Katti's Nanoscience discovery was cited in: Nano Tsunami: http://www.voyle.net/Nano%20Medicine/Medicine%202004-0058.htm
Dr. Katti's discovery was cited in one of the major vitamin health sites in the U.S. Dr. Katti's work do develop a new drug for Wilson's Disease is featured. https://webmail.um.umsystem.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://newvitality.com/Articles.aspx
Dr. Katti's discovery on the development of a new drug for treating Wilson's disease was cited in: http://www.newswise.com/articles/view/507813/. This discovery was covered in National/International news media.
- Katti K, Kattumuri V, Bhaskaran S, Katti KV, Kannan R. Facile and general method for synthesis of sugar coated gold nanoparticles. Int J Green Nanotechnol. Biomedicine, 2009; 1: B53-B59
- Afrasiabi Z, Shukla R, Chanda N, Bhaskaran S, Upendran A, Katti KV, Kannan R. Nanoscale sensor design via in situ labeling of gold nanoparticles onto protein scaffolds. J Nanosci Nanotechnol, In press 2009.
- Katti K, Chanda N, Shukla R, Zambre A, Kulkarni RR, Kannan R, Katti KV. Green nanotechnology from cumin phytochemicals: generation of biocompatible gold nanoparticles. Int J Green Nanotechnol. Biomedicine, 2009; 1: B39-B52
- Chanda N, Shukla R, Katti KV, Kannan R. Gastrin releasing protein receptor specific gold nanorods: breast and prostate tumor avid nanovectors for molecular imaging. Nano Lett., 2009; 9:1798.
- Nune SK, Chanda N, Shukla R, Katti K, Kulkarni RR, Thilakavathi S, Sieckman G, Kannan R, Katti KV. Green nanotechnology from tea: phytochemicals in tea as building blocks for production of biocompatible gold nanoparticles. J Mater Chem., 2009; 19:2912.
- Fent GM, Casteel SW, Kim DY, Kannan R, Katti K, Chanda N, Katti KV. Biodistribution of maltose and gum arabic hybrid gold nanoparticles following injection in Juvenile swine. Nanomed Nanotechnol Biol Med., 2009; ;5:128-35. (10.1016/j.nano.2009.01.007)
- Shukla R, Nune SK, Chanda N, Katti K, Mekapothula S, Kulkarni RR, Welshons WV, Kannan R, Katti KV. Soybeans as a phytochemical reservoir for the production and stabilization of biocompatible gold nanoparticles. SCIENCE;Editor's Choice., 2008; 322(5899):167.(AAAS Publication)
- Shukla R, Nune SK, Chanda N, Katti K, Mekapothula S, Kulkarni RR, Welshons WV, Kannan R, Katti KV. Soybeans as a phytochemical reservoir for the production and stabilization of biocompatible gold nanoparticles. Small., 2008; 4:1425-36.
- Shukla R, Kannan R, Hainsworth D, Katti K, Katti KV. Nanomedicine approaches for the design and development of therapeutic agents in the treatment of Pseudoxanthoma elasticum (PXE) and Age Related Macular Degeneration. PXE Awareness Newsletter., 2008; 14:6.
- Casteel SW, Fent GM, Branson K, Katti K, Kannan R, Katti KV, Nune S, Boote E, Waldrep JC, Guo J, Dhand R. Disposition of novel nanoparticle constructs in juvenile swine. The Toxicologist., 2008; 102:125.