Web site: Crop Physiology Lab Office address:
Division of Plant Sciences
27A Agriculture Lab, University of Missouri Office phone:
(573) 882-3023 Fax:
Nitrogen nutrition and plant responses to abiotic stress.
Felix Fritschi has a research/teaching appointment in plant physiology. His main research interests are in the area of plant responses to abiotic stress. In particular, he emphasizes on effects of water deficit and heat on plant growth and productivity. He teaches an introductory class on plant structure and function and an advanced crop physiology class.
- Fritschi, F.B., H. Lin, and M.A. Walker (2008) Scanning electron microscopy reveals different response pattern of four Vitis genotypes to Xylella fastidiosa infection, Plant Disease, in press.
- Fritschi, F.B., J.C. Cabrera-La Rosa, R.L. Groves, H. Lin, and M.W. Johnson (2007) Behavioral responses of Homalodisca vitripennis (Hemiptera: Auchenorrhyncha: Cicadellidae) on four Vitis genotypes, Env. Ent., 36:926-937.
- Fritschi, F.B., H. Lin, and M.A. Walker (2007) Xylella fastidiosa population dynamics in grapevine genotypes differing in susceptibility to Pierce's disease, Am. J. Enol. Vitic., 58:326-332.
- Fritschi, F.B. and J.D. Ray (2007) Genotypic variation in soybean chlorophyll content, a/b ratio and leaf N, Photosynthetica, 45:92-98.
- Ray, J.D., F.B. Fritschi, and L.G. Heatherly (2006) Large early season fertilizer N application affects protein and oil concentration in soybean seed, Field Crops Res., 99:67-74.
- Ray, J.D., L.G. Heatherly, and F.B. Fritschi (2006) Influence of large amounts of nitrogen on nonirrigated and irrigated soybean, Crop Science, 46:52-60.
- Fritschi, F.B., B.A. Roberts, D.W. Rains, and R.L. Travis. 2005. Nitrogen recovery from 15N-labeled incorporated cotton residues and recovery of residual fertilizer N by Acala and Pima cotton, Soil Science Society of America Journal, 69:718-728.
- Fritschi, F.B., B.A. Roberts, D.W. Rains, R.L. Travis, and R.B. Hutmacher (2004) Fate of nitrogen-15 applied to irrigated Acala and Pima cotton, Agronomy Journal, 96:646-655.
- Fritschi, F.B., B.A. Roberts, R.L. Travis, D.W. Rains, and R.B. Hutmacher (2004) Seasonal nitrogen concentration, uptake, and partitioning pattern of irrigated Acala and Pima cotton as influenced by nitrogen fertility level, Crop Science, 44:516-527.
- Hutmacher, R.B., R.L. Travis, D.W. Rains, R.N. Vargas, B.A. Roberts, B.L. Weir, S.D. Wright, D.S. Munk, B.H. Marsh, M.P. Keeley, F.B. Fritschi, D.J. Munier, R.L. Nichlos, and R. Delgado (2004) Response of recent Acala cotton varieties to variable nitrogen rates in the San Joaquin Valley of California, Agronomy Journal, 96:48-62.
- Fritschi, F.B., B.A. Roberts, R.L. Travis, D.W. Rains, and R.B. Hutmacher. 2003. Response of irrigated Acala and Pima cotton to N fertilization: growth, dry matter partitioning, and yield, Agronomy Journal, 95:133-146.